Monday, September 5, 2011

Recently

Loralie has a lovely routine of waking at 10:15pm each evening. She cries. Sometimes I am too impatient to let her cry it out and I comfort her. Those are the easy nights.

Nights like tonight make me want to cry out of frustration. I am letting her cry it out as I usually do. My patience is wearing thin as I attempt to rest.

Do you have those days in which you accomplished so much and at the end of the day something happens that makes your entire back tense-up and your mind is set abuzz? This is called parenthood.

I aspire to be honest on here. Believe me when I say I enjoy being a mum. I love nurturing and encouraging my daughter. She teaches me new lessons each day. I enjoy her curiosity, intelligence and hearing her little voice become stronger and full of many questions.

You see, motherhood is amazing. I concentrate on the upside; there are just moments I need to write out my frustrations. Now would be one of those moments.

Thoughts-

Am I truly going to be a mom of TWO? How blessed I am! How scared I am! So many things swirling through my pea-sized pregnant brain!

Lastly, pray for me? I have been so terribly busy that my time with God, date nights and time with friends has dwindled. I am a bit disappointed with myself and, to be honest, discouraged as well.

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful night. I hope you went to Starbucks and bought yourself a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I hope you wore your favorite scarf. I hope you breathed in that sweet smell of cool air and let the wind that brushed your face inspire you. Now begins the season of terribly exciting recipes, soups, stews, homemade bread, warm drinks and all types of spices surrounding your home.

What are you thankful for? How has God blessed you?

God has strengthened Husband's and my relationship. I am so thankful for help in time of need. We are no perfect couple. We squabble about silly things, but at the end of the day we realize how truly blessed we are to have each other and are further blessed to recount the many times God has intervened, encouraged and abruptly blessed us in ways we were not aware if.

So there you have it! Have a wonderful week friends!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Recents

No comments: