Thursday, December 23, 2010

Weekly treats and favorites

So it has definitely been a while since I last updated you on my endeavor to end sugar in my life.

{1}I am optimistic about this new stage in husband and my life. It definitely has been difficult, but we have remained {mostly} diligent. Husband has insisted that we at least treat ourselves once a week...so other than one chocolate per week or a small piece of pie we have completely cut sugar out. We realize that in order to make the full change we must eliminate the temptation. I fasted sweets for most of the month of December and I feel really good about it. I feel in control of my actions and clear-headed. I do not crave sugar like I had before. I do eventually want to commit to a no-sugar diet, however I believe that the steps I am making now are working toward my goals!

{2} What did I do for my 25th birthday? Last Thursday I flew into Portland, Oregon with my daughter Lolo and surprised my sister at her hair school. She is 170 hours away from graduation. Needless to say I am proud of my sister!

{3} If you ever go to the Northwest you will understand why I love it SO. Let me list a few favorites...

Fred Meyer-A northwest grocery, food, drug and clothing store. You can count on everything being grand, here.
Tigard Regal Cinema-Perhaps it is because I grew up going to this theater every blue moon that this is still my favorite place to watch movies.
Pioneer Courthouse Square-Downtown mall. Great layout. Plenty to look at and buy!
Ava's Cafe and Roasteria-Locally owned cafe that roasts their own coffee beans and shaves real chocolate into your drink. The flavors are rich and extremely fresh.
Powell's Books-Discount bookstore with MILLIONS of reading options. I want to live in Powell's.
Gas stations who pump your gas for you-I added this because well..is it not amazing to think about staying IN your car while your gas is pumped and it is FREEZING outside?
Cost Plus-My absolute favorite. There are household things from all around the world. Mostly organic. In this store you will find several choices of wines for the color of wine that you prefer. Rugs from India. Woks, sushi dishes, organic spices, snack-sized bins filled with miniature everything from organic Vermont maple syrup to European chocolate. Please, do yourself a favor and book yourself a flight to Portland. You will not regret it. In fact, I sort of think you will love it so much you will want to MOVE there.

Anyhow, as you may have noticed it has been a while since I was last on here. My lap top crashed so you will have to endure whatever I write via my iPhone.

Lastly, husband I have put together a theme for 2011. Want to know what it is??

Twelve Months of Fasting

I'll elaborate in another post most likely tomorrow during Lolo's nap.

Blessings

No comments: