Thursday, December 2, 2010

No Sugar Day 2 for an ENTIRE year ; I must be crazy...or smart for finally educating myself

Okay so yesterday was my first day of my no-sugar diet. What do I mean no sugar? I mean no refined, manufactured, artificial sugars. There is a lot that can be put into the group of not natural sugars. The worst? HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup).

I dare you to go to your kitchen cupboards and just slightly glance at the items on your shelves. See if you can find anything in the ingredients that read "Corn Syrup" High Fructose Corn Syrup" "Sugar" "Artificial Sweetner" or anything with the name "Dextrose" will give your liver and body and fun time working off.

Read this article if you would like a more educated idea of what HFCS and sugars can do to your body. I beg you not to follow me but read and educate and think about what you are putting in your body each meal!

http://www.noweightgaincookbooks.com/worse_than_sugar.htm

As far as my day going yesterday? It really was not too difficult.

Today is difficult.

I woke with the desire for a Pumpkin muffin with caramel and sugary goodness. But, alas, I resisted. This is definitely not easy to quit such a popular item as sugar, but I welcome the challenge and my changing waistline!

Blessings to you all,

See you on the flip-side (aka tomorrow)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm doing this thing called a Daniel Fast in January. If you want some motivation, you can always join me! :) How's that sugar thing going? I think I'd make it like a month!