Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Blog name...it's pretty obvious

Wow, seriously? I have not blogged in two months? Whoa!

Oodles and oodles has happened since September 7th!

I am still mostly enjoying my Salon job. There have been quite a few gals that have quit for one personal reason or another. 5 or 6 to be exact, since I started in June. Every girl had a good reason, mostly to move on to bigger things. I still love it. I suppose it is weird to go from the "new girl" to a person that is helping run the shop!

Last week We had the last of 5 girls quit. I left like any other usual, normal Friday. Wham. I got into an automobile accident. It happened so quickly. The traffic was stop-go for a few miles but I suppose it abruptly halted and I did not see it coming. It probably did not help that the lady in front of me had a rather large SUV (Chevy Tahoe) in which I could not see around. I admit it was my fault. Very unlike me thing to do. After I hit the lady I was in shock, my beautiful 2009 Nissan Cube SL was making so many terrible sounds. I turned off the car and called Husband. He was sweet to attempt to calm me down. Anyhow, I sat there in the car for quite a while, in shock. I was trying to think clearly but it just was not happening. I finally turned poor Cubey on and tried my hardest to pull it over onto the shoulder of the road. As I got out the lady in front of me got out of her car and started...making sure I was ok. She blessed me with kindness and reassurance. As I stood next to her car I heard a little voice only to turn around and see a 3-year-old boy sitting in the back seat. I began to cry so badly. SHE let me cry on HER shoulder! I was the one that did the damage and she was letting me hug her! I was perplexed and humbled. It reminded me that God was with me. Anyway, the cop showed up and as much as I attempted to give him the information he needed I couldn't. He marked me down as "injured." I did not get it until the day after what he meant by injured. That is when the pain began...

This whole week I have been out of work, undeniably spending loads of time with Loralie (who is by the way getting very very BIG!) I have been sitting on my bum watching tv and reading. Such a turn around of schedule since I am use to running around all day long!

So, the car accident. Then our new(er) laptop decided to crash. It deleted all of our files including, most importantly, our iTunes. Then our Buick has decided to be untrustworthy as far as working so we were stranded the days Husband was off. Finally on Wednesday, Husbands birthday, we got a beautiful rental car which has been amazing however not like our Cube. I apologize for being superficial. I am not usually like this, but the Cube was husband and my first car to purchase together, we took Lolo home from the hospital in that car. Wow, I am so sentimental about that car..I am not a very sentimental person when it comes to things. Ask husband! I give away my clothes and things that I do not need or use every two or three months!

I apologize for getting off the subject in which this post was named, I will quite complaining! I have much more than many others and I am glad to be alive and safe and warm while it is so bitterly cold outside!

Sugar.

Ok that is what I was going to chat about with you (rather, myself) today. I am really reeeeally trying to quit sugar. It really is an addiction for me. I think about what sugary things I can get when I am at Target. I dream of sugary things while I am coloring someones hair. I think about sugary things that I can make while I am cooking dinner. When I am bored on the couch I think of what we have in the house that has sugar in it. Basically, it is really bad. I'm addicted. Which is why I have decided that being that this is an addiction, which is not healthy for me and alters my mental and physical state, I will quit. I have not fully figured out whether I am going to give up sugary "things" or sugar altogether. Why not give it ALL up? Because sugar is in EVERYTHING. Literally. However, my research tells me that the less sugar there is in a basic diet, the better. I think we all knew that one. But think about it. The entire Western world has pure cane sugar, refined and doused in everything these days. Most everything in stores has been prepared before we bought, animals killed days, weeks, months even, before we purchase at the store.

I don't know. I do know that I do not want to live a life where anything with sugar reigns in my thoughts. You know? Perhaps this is a bit over-the-top, but I really think I need to kick this bad habit, and quick!

What about you? Do you crave sugar? Are you thinking about it any time of day? All day? What are your thoughts on this subject?

Well, there is my post over the past two months! It might be two more months before I get back on here to post, but I do follow your blogs!

Blessings

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am also a sugar addict (who isn't??) Good for you for trying to do what is nearly impossible for most people...I am only on my second day of no sugar. But yes, I think about it all the time - I even dreamt that I was eating candy last night! Best of luck to you...you can do it!!