Friday, August 19, 2011

Many things-a jumbled post

I'm going to start with my top five favorite things right now.

1. My daughter helps me bake/cook in the kitchen. Well, I cook and she stands on a chair and asks me what I am doing. Love this about her curious heart!

2. Pregnancy has been wonderful. Tough at times but I decide to focus on the good. I have kept myself active and workout several times a week. Jack is getting so strong. I love when Lolo comes up to my stomach and whispers "hi Dack Dack. Lo youuuuu."

3. My husband. He is so patient. He cooks. He cleans. He loves on me in ways I feel loved. ie giving me time to rest, listening to me talk about my fears and challenges. His heart is pure gold. Love him.

4. My sister. Sara has completed many hours of baking delicious desserts, cooking delectable meals, cleaned the house so many times I hardly have a thing to scrub. Not to mention the fact that she occupies lolo when I need a moment to myself.

5. Challenging myself to eat more "clean." google it. It is interesting. I have yet to go all organic and completely cut out dairy and meats but I am not a meat person anyhow and I am lactose intolerant which prevents me from having a desire for anything dairy-related. Except for tonight. Sometimes a girl needs her fro yo. Mmm.

Recipes

If you are looking for something filling, healthy and relatively cheap keep listening...

Cut up (finely) five red/yellow potatoes.

Place in a clear glass pan.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Dollop two small spoonfulls of Smart Balance or pour 1.5 Tablespoons of EVOO over your potatoes.
Squeeze one whole fresh lemon. Squeeze one whole fresh lime. Sprinkle sea salt (just a pinch should do it) a dash of black pepper.

Place in oven for 35-40 minutes.

The potatoes come out tasting like delicious candy.

If you want to pair your potatoes with a side of protein (which is recommended because your body breaks everything down better with the help of the protein) cut up an avocado or some boiled and seasoned chicken breast.

I put potatoes in a pita with said avocado, cucumber, tomato and a dab of feta cheese. So delicious!! I could eat this all day.

Happy cooking/baking/crafting friends!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: